From: texas4421@xxxxxxxx <texas4421@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] New station KJON-850
To: "IRCA" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 3:30 AM

850      KJON      TX     CARROLLTON           2030-2200  11/11/08
Catholic radio station in Spanish. Very strong signal at peaks starting around
2030, with periodic fading. Noticed this station as they were doing the Rosary
in Spanish. Then various mentions as being Catholic radio. Got a complete ID in
Spanish at 2200.
ID - "ka jota o ene, Dallas-Ft.Worth" was all I understood in
Spanish. Also noticed that the station seems to have disappeared, perhaps they
signed-off, as they are only a 5KW day-timer. First time heard. [WM-TN]

This is a new station for me. Also, mixed with KJON was KOA-Denver. Have not
heard KOA in this early in the evening for many years. Cuban station in the mix,
the one network that runs the Tick-Tock over the audio and a ESPN station,
possibly Gainesville, FL.

DXer: Willis
QTH: Old Fort, TN
ANTENNA: 149' long wire