[IRCA] TAs reach Missouri

There seemed to be a great many TA hets/carriers last night around 0430
UTC (10:30pm Central) on the Sony 7600GR, with occasional
Spanish-language audio on 585, and what sounded like Spanish talk (along
with music) on 1134-which had one of those rare nights where it was
strong enough to actually punch through the IBOC hash between 1130 &
1140!  Not sure on the language, though, as Croatia's Spanish program
supposedly ends at 0400, a half-hour before I heard this, and I have
trouble believing one of those 5 or 10kW COPE synchronized transmitters
in Spain would be that strong this far inland.  It was audible in full
AM mode-no selectable-sideband needed!  Also had a strong carrier on
1215 but as usual no audio (it also has fierce IBOC hash to blast
through).  My usual bellwether of Spain-684 was nowhere to be found (and
it too has a heap o'IBOC crud to penetrate).  Had carriers and/or hets
on domestic channels, on 603, 612, 621, 882, 909, 999, 1125, 1161, and a
fairly strong carrier on 1296.

Randy Stewart

Springfield MO on a Sony 7600GR (light, but  not ultralite!)