Re: [IRCA] Grayland Motel Room 15 Booked

Re: [IRCA] Grayland Motel Room 15 Booked

Thanks Dennis and Walt,

     Your comments are greatly  appreciated.  Dennis, you had a great list of
E100 TP-DX from your  recent trip to the yurt at the Grayland Beach State
Park, and it will  be a tough act to follow.  And with just modified portables on
this trip, I  may find it hard to compete with Walt's Super Conti Loops in
Victoria  :>)

     One of the main goals of this trip is to check out  the relative
performance of the four "E100 Varaints," or the stock E100,  filter-modified E100,
Slider E100, and "fully modified" (filter plus Slider  loopstick) E100.  In
these days of tight money, many DXers would like  to know exactly how useful these
modifications are in actual TP DXing, and  how they "shake out" in a quiet
DXpedition environment.  The  results will be included in an upcoming "E100 Four
Variant Shootout" article, to  be posted on DXer.Ca after collaboration with
John Bryant.

     For those considering DXing performance  modifications for their E100's,
this information should be very useful.  A  fanatically modified (30"
loopstick) ICF-2010 spotting receiver and a stock  Sangean DT-400W will also be taken
along.  Guy will be close by with his  Perseus, to tell me all the great DX I
missed  :>)

     73,  Gary

5 Travel Deals!