Re: [IRCA] Grayland Motel Room 15 Booked

At 07:25 PM 10/31/2008, you wrote:

>Hi Gary,
>
>Congratulations for hitting the Dxers lottery and attaining reservations
>at Grayland Motel & Cottages.  I have always enjoyed staying there,
>no maids coming through to wake a guy up after a morning of DXing.
>We like staying there on winter week days when we're the only ones
>staying out in back rooms.  50 mph winds, sometimes lightening and
>thunder, and even a power outage every now and then.
>
>Grayland Beach State park is also nice, the yurts are interesting.
>The only problem I had was shutting the door with two coax cables under it --
>Grayland motel has the cool little windows for cables to go through.
>

>Good luck Gary & Guy in Grayland.
>
>Expecting around 200 kids tonight for Halloween.  Last year
>we had 187 kids.  No rain yet, should help totals.
>
>Dennis,
>Salmon Creek, WA

My sentiments exactly, Dennis!  Sorry to hear that John had to bail at the last minute.  At least he has his priorities right.  I'll be at the dials along with Colin Newell, who should be over before 7 local to do some dxing with my Conti loops.  I always have a lot of fun comparing conditions between sites.  At my place we have seen anywhere from 275 kids (and not so young kids!) on a quiet year to over 450.  I'm down to my last 30 or so chocolate bars out of 400 I started with (2 a piece), so will likely shut down the show shortly.  This one's taking me 3 trips up and down the stairs to the shack due to the doorbell!  No rain here either, and very mild conditions.....a change from other years when it's usually quite a bit cooler.  Anyway, back to radio stuff.....had minimal pirate activity tonight, at least that could be heard here....6925 around 00:00.  Nothing on the TA front either.  Good luck to Gary and Guy, two of my favourite DXers!  Go get them, fellas!  I know tha!
 t Guy will put the Perseus to good use, and Gary, his ULRs!.......Walt.