Re: [IRCA] Vroom: New Hotrodded E100

--
John,

Yes it's nice not having to go outside to use the E100 with the ewe.
The bnc adapter cord works great.  Steve had made me a Lo-Z
splitter a few years ago with three outputs. Now I have the JRC NRD545-
R8B & E100 all connected and so far the E100 has not picked up any
noise from the lap-top or other electronic devices in the den.

E100 works very well on the desired frequency, Korea on 657 sounded
better on 657, than either up 1 kc or down 1 kc. As more TP's are heard,
I'm sure the up-down 1 kc method will come into use.

 Did have a little trouble using the space magnet on channels near powerful local
 (860 & 1550), a little overload, but no such problems with the ewe.

Planning on spending 3 days at Grayland 10-20-10-22, will be anxious to connect
a  Western bog and NW bog to the E100.  It the past,  I would roll a few turns of
wire around the ultralight and it work well for dxing.   But you had to be outside with
the weather.

Now I can connect the Palstar tuner and use the preamp and tuner for a little sharper
tune on the signal.

I'm very happy to have sent the E100 to Steve for the upper and lower coil
peaking and the bnc antenna connector along with the filter replacement.
I would recommend the above to anyone who has a E100.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA

From: "John H. Bryant" <bjohnorcas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>