[IRCA] Vroom: New Hotrodded E100

Dennis,

Really glad to hear that your new Steve Ratzlaff-modified E100 has paid off on its first morning. Having that external antenna port and using the E100 with the EWE from the shack sure beats running outside to hold the radio against the antenna, eh???

I think that you'll really like the much tighter IF filter, too. Tell me, does your dial now read accurately.... is the passband centered on the signal when the dial says that it should be??? Both of my E100s were over 500 Hertz off until I put new filters in them... the better filter got them perfectly zeroed in.

I've found that I need to off-tune a kilohertz to get the best intelligibility on the stronger/wider signals, just like the old days before SSB.... using a tight filter and riding one sideband or the other to get the high notes.

Anyway, I think that you are really going to love that Ultralight radio.

John B.