[IRCA] TP report for 7Sep08 from Masset: Anemic!

[IRCA] TP report for 7Sep08 from Masset: Anemic!

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
	mso-header-margin:.5in;
	mso-footer-margin:.5in;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

TP Report for 7Sep08 from Masset:  ANEMIC!

I did sleep in this morning, so perhaps I was just catching
the tale end of things, or that I was spoiled yesterday morning at Rose
Spit.  In any case, I monitored from 13:19 until 14:30
and basically was underwhelmed by the lack of very much interesting.  All the usual stations were there but at
reduced levels compared to the normal state here.  I mostly concentrated at the top half of the
band, and heard a little of everything including DU stations.  From last night, I just briefly checked 1215
to find a weakfish carrier, and that was about it, so I went to bed, early!

The X-band was so-so, with Radio Brisvaani providing 7 level
audio, and the only other audio heard was on 1638, but barely.  Oh, also 1611 with 7 signal.

Lots of NHK2 activity up there on 1602, 1593 (over the CC
station), 1539, etc.

1575 mostly had AFN over VOA Thailand.

1548 was Australia.

1530 was interesting with a slow English Japanese tale at 12:39.

1512 was playing oldies, from, I think 2RN with a phone-in
request program.

No signs of 1475 today.

1422 had JJ with a rather loud off-freq carrier on 1422.84.

1395…a bit of a mystery to me.  They had a call-in show in English without an
ID at 14:00.

1206 Yanbian in KK was particularly strong today.

Mostly a JJ morning for me, but it was as if all stations
were attenuated a fair bit.  Nothing from
the A/K indices would suggest much….SF 66, A 9, K (at 12:00) 0.

Oh well, there’s always tomorrow!   Good dx to everyone……Walt.