[IRCA] Movie question, but not OT

Warmest greetings everyone,

Last night, Turner Classic Movies was showing The Maltese Falcon (the
original with Bogart) which I've only seen at least 10 times, hi.

There is one scene in Sam Spade's office at night and looking out the
window, there are various lit signs for several hotels, stores, etc. and one
for radio station KLVW. And as most of us know already, the story takes
place in San Francisco in about the 1930's.

So for the radio historians out there, was this ever a real call sign used
by any of the San Francisco radio stations or is this Hollywood using a
fictional call sign?

Note: my apologies to the current FM station on 88.7 in West Odessa Texas.

Joe

-- 73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
------ WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ------