[IRCA] TPs from Orcas: August 14

This morning was a repeat of yesterday at a somewhat reduced level. Instead of 30 plus audios, it was more like 20 plus and there were more 6s. Still, it was the current standard pattern of Asians early (including multiple Chinese) and DU late. 774 Japan put in a very solid 9 at its peak and 963 + 1017 were the Chinese stars. Late was diminished from mid-DU season of course, but most of the regulars were there with 6s or 7s. 765 was particularly good and sure sounded Maori to me. The most interesting channel of the morning was 666. Early, this appeared to be Osaka (just on the edge of a 7) and late it was clearly 2CN, Canberra, //612 with Olympic coverage. 2CN is not completely common at Grayland and I don't think that I've ever heard it before here.

I tried the modified E100 Ultralight during the Asian part of the morning and got 774 easily... could have gotten it barefoot. The rest fell victim to overloading from the huge Conti loop. I look forward to having the much better behaved Wellbrook Array back up in a week or so. That may be the best combo for this RF cesspool. If not, I plan to try various ferrite bar antennas.... or concentrate on Barefoot from here when doing Ultralights. It may take a while to find the best combination of Ultralight and antenna to fight off the Vancouver/Victoria RF. "You can never have too many radios or too many antennas!"

A very nice morning, but not up to yesterday's "wonderful" standard :>)

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest