[IRCA] Futher observations on the NW EWE

[IRCA] Futher observations on the NW EWE

Greetings,

Today at 1200 EDT, I checked out the NW EWE.  CFUN 1410 Vancouver was on
top of Portland, I could hear R&B mx under KITI-Chehalis, probably
Renton and SS on 1480 under Portland, probably Lakewood. Both are rare
here. The antenna seems to do better from 1000 khz up, than on the lower
end, but it always has maybe being only 60 feet with the SW EWE at 100.
But I do like the directivity of the wire. KBRC 1430 Mt. Vernon is
tearing up Salem on 1430. I see another branch, I could raise it a bit
more if I want to. But in all cases around here, the antennas are always
taking a big beating from our storms. So depending on if the trees stay
up, the antennas will. The long term forecast for the Northern Oregon
coast was a continuation of more storms in the Winter and possibily more
of what we had in December. If that is the case, I may end up moving. I
don't mind the storms, but winds 130-160 MPH on a regular basis is too
much to take each year.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin