[IRCA] In defence of ultralight radios (was an Idaho hot potato)

[IRCA] In defence of ultralight radios (was an Idaho hot potato)

I would much rather pass a few puns on April Fools Eve than read weeks worth of redundant DX that seems worth mentioning only because it was heard on a Ultralight. <<<

Okay, buddy, pick on Idaho potatoes and I don't care. They're not PEI potatoes, so I won't get worked up. But pick on my prison radio, and, well, the boys who are in here don't like that kinda talk. My prison radio has freed me from the DX-less cell that is downtown Toronto. The guards think I'm pining away in solitary, all while I'm hearing the likes of Jamaica on 720 (not easy at all inland here unless you've smuggled some of that glorious crop inside the pen and the guards have serious rhinitis), or logging actual new catches, like daytimers that have escaped the confines of daytime-only rules - stations as far south as GA, SC and VA, that I've never heard before here, on any radio. I'll have you know I have a nail file stashed away. But this is heaven. There are no redundant loggings here.

;-)

Saul