Re: [IRCA] Baltimore Orioles Radio Network- 2008 (Stop laughing!)

Re: [IRCA] Baltimore Orioles Radio Network- 2008 (Stop laughing!)

John Cereghin wrote:
WHFS is a blowtorch here on Delmarva, dominating 105.7 in Central Delaware.
I don't know what kind of signal they throw into PA or out west.  WBAL used
to throw most of their signal into New England and the Maritimes at night
and I could hear them with a great signal in Nova Scotia when I would be up
there.

They throw NO signal into PA - they're painfully short-spaced to co-channel WQXA in York PA, only 40 or so miles to the north, and have a very deep directional notch that way. And they're short-spaced to first-adjacent WJZW 105.9 in the Washington market, too.

BTW, I'm pretty sure this is the SECOND year for the O's on FM. I don't think they were on WBAL last year, either.

(But then, as a Red Sox fan, and a resident of the town the O's shafted with years of a lousy farm system before our AAA team finally sent them packing and signed with the Twins, I don't pay much attention to what the O's are up to anyway.)