[IRCA] IMAGES & THINGS & IBOC

I recently acquired an HQ-180 from Charles Taylor, and once I bought
the right adapter plugs, it works very well in an environment where I
have KKMO-1360-5kw non-D one mile away and KKOL-1300 50/30/whatever,
beamed this way from less than five miles away. For years I have had
a KIRO image on 830 (2x KTTH's 770=1540-710=830). This is not your
usual intermod sounding audio; it is clean like an actual station and
seems to have a carrier which mixes with CKKY. When KIRO went off the
air during the last year to clean things up, I was hoping the 830
image would disappear; it's didn't. Meanwhile, on the HQ180 the only
signal of this kind I get is KPTK-1090 on 910, presumably a
reflection off of KOMO-1000's harmonic on 2000kHz. Does anyone else
in the Puget Sound area get this?

Yesterday I was in Federal Way in the area of I-5 and S. 320th St.
around 1pm. I could not hear any audio from KFBK-1530 but the HARs on
1520 were being wiped out by its IBOC hiss. I do not recall anyone
running in to this before during the daytime when the mother station
was not audible but its excretion on a first adjacent was.

Pete
Pete Taylor
Immediate Past President/Membership Chair
Tacoma 8 Rotary
P 253/952-7477
C 253/250-3600
F 253/952-7808