[IRCA] Sony SRF-T615--Japanese Market Super Portable?

[IRCA] Sony SRF-T615--Japanese Market Super Portable?

Hello All,

     Recently, while researching the web trying to find  a fourth Ultralight
DX Radio worthy enough to be the final contestant for the  2008 Shootout, I
saw a user review for Amazon's DT210V (one of the  contestants in the 2008
Shootout), in which the user states that he  liked the 210V, but he thought that
his Japanese-market Sony  SRF-T615 had superior sensitivity.  Highly intrigued,
I checked the  Audio Cubes 2 web site for this radio
(_http://www.audiocubes2.com/product/Sony_SRF-T615_Pocket_Radio.html_
(http://www.audiocubes2.com/product/Sony_SRF-T615_Pocket_Radio.html) )  and found that this 9 kHz-split capable
pocket portable has many great digital  functions (pocket size, built-in
speaker, PLL synthesized, 7 AM memories,  530-1710, 9/10 kHz step capable, auto
shut-off timer with adjustable delay,  etc.).  It's a little pricier than most
of the Ultralight DX Machines ($89  plus shipping), but it's actually made in
Japan, believe it or not.  It  seems like I have enough of an excuse to order
another Ultralight DX Radio for  testing (as if there was any doubt about it,
hi).  If enough of you  Ultralight Fanatics have interest, it will be shooting
it out with the  C.Crane SWP, DT180V, and DT210V in the 2008 pocket-rocket
showdown.

                                   73,  Gary