Re: [IRCA] Poor Excuses kill this hobby

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Les,
>
> I totally agree. Any QSL's we receive are a
> wonderful gift from the station.

That is true.

> HAM radio is much different. QSLing is a
> huge part of that hobby.

No, it is NOT. It is only to the DX'ers that  do
contests, and county hunting, and other DX awards.
These folks can be aggressive and really annoying.
There's more hams that just don't, and there is no
longer a requirement to keep a log, though a lot still
do.

> Stations are there to make money and keep
> their head above water.
> We should all be very thankful with any QSLs we get
> back. This is not 1965.

You are right about that one. Maybe even 1955 !!

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net