Re: [IRCA] Poor Excuses kill this hobby

> Unfortunately, many operators do not care at all about
> this aspect of the hobby anymore. The overall return
> rate on the ARRL's Logbook of the World (electronic)
> QSLing program is somewhere around 7%. With eQSL, it
> is more like 5%. I probably have a higher percentage
> with paper QSLs, only because I send mine to those
> operators who state that they QSL 100%, and if the
> state is not needed, I probably won't send my request
> in the first place.

I haven't been too active on HF, but my 6 meter return rate with SASE's
is about 70 to 75% for needed grid squares. 2m SSB rate is close to
100%. I think that many of the new hams that I work on 6 meters love
exchanging QSL cards and the Techs I hear talking about HF DX on the 2m
repeaters seem to love QSLing as well.

I return paper QSL's quickly,  eQSL's slowly, and LOTW I don't do
because I don't log every single contact on the computer.

As far as MW DX, while it would be nice to have an actual card from a
station, a verification letter just doesn't do it for me, so I just use
the audio clip that I make when I hear them. I record everything.

My .02

John K9RZZ
Milwaukee