Re: [IRCA] Poor Excuses kill this hobby

Patrick and Les and group

> HAM radio is much different. QSLing is a
> huge part of that hobby.

I agree with everything that Les has said on this
subject. And as a clarification of what Patrick said,
it is true that QSLing is a big part of the amateur
radio hobby as ARRL awards are based on QSLs.
Unfortunately, many operators do not care at all about
this aspect of the hobby anymore. The overall return
rate on the ARRL's Logbook of the World (electronic)
QSLing program is somewhere around 7%. With eQSL, it
is more like 5%. I probably have a higher percentage
with paper QSLs, only because I send mine to those
operators who state that they QSL 100%, and if the
state is not needed, I probably won't send my request
in the first place.

Whether it's SW, MW, FM, or amateur, I am thankful for
each and every QSL I receive.

Thanks for letting me add my observation.

73 de Joe, KJ8O