Re: [IRCA] the big black absorptive cloud

Re: [IRCA] the big black absorptive cloud

Nick,

Thanks for the clarification. I could not remember "mid Winter anomaly".
That's right. Dave Williams and I used to discuss that a lot as by
November/December the band goes dead for TPs most Winters for a time.
Then they pick up in the Spring a bit before Summer, but are always
better in the Fall.  I have never really understood why it happens
either. If we did not get that, just think what DX would be like in
Dec/Jan. I have wondered about that. But of course in the Winter we do
have the long haul daytime DX. In the mornings here, I get  lot of lp
Canadians. Hopefully with the low sunspots I can shoot for CFYK-1340.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager