Re: [IRCA] Housing the RF-Space SDR-IQ

> > a matter of principle find it obnoxious to be charged $100 for a
> > small metal
> > box.

It is not the box that costs you money --
It is the custom holes and knock-outs that
have to be created... mounting... testing... labeling etc.

I spent about 4 wonderful hours with Walter's SDR-IQ
and the last time I checked, my hours are worth
more than the value of a 100$ box

RF-Space is hardly selling these things at Radio Shack -
and yes, there must be some serious developmental costs.
That does have to be re-couped somewhere.

Anyway - "my" interpretation of the SDR-IQ housing
is unlike anything else on the planet.
That value alone: PRICELESS.   ;-)

Sidebar - using the SDR-IQ last night for the first time with
real antennas...
This was the first time in 30+ years of DXing that a laptop
computer reported to me that my "communications receiver"
unexpectedly "quit", asking me if I wanted to submit a report!

In an hour or so of playing, I had to restart the SpectraVue
software about 3 times.
Laptop used: An ACER

Overall, the sound quality was fabulous through a computer based sound
system with sub-woofer.
Full user review to follow.

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator coffeecrew.com | dxer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing