Re: [IRCA] California/News Media

Patrick,

  Your last paragraph made me laugh.  One time, I felt compelled to send Art Bell an email.  He had one of his favorite guests on (Ed Dames), who uses remote viewing to basically tell us when we're all going to die.  I guess a lot of people are fascinated with being scared s**tless and Ed Dames provides that scare for them.  Anyway, I think he's pretty inaccurate but nobody every mentions that.  He's on...I'm gone.  I got fed up one night and wrote Art Bell an email that essentially said:

  1. If Ed Dames is wrong, you buy into it, your audience laughs at you and tunes away.  YOU LOSE!
  2. If Ed Dames is right, we're dead, including your audience.  YOU LOSE!
  3. What's the point?  Move on!

  Needless to say, I didn't get any response.  The media feeding frenzy is ridiculous, and the "sexier" the opportunity is, the more talking heads appear out of nowhere.  I've seen times that they start feeding off each other's crap to such a degree that the story gets lost.

  A good example of this was with the bridge collapse in Minneapolis-St. Paul.  Somebody (probably from Los Angeles) started making parallels with that bridge and the Santa Monica Freeway (not "THE 10", as Southern Californians who think they have strange naming rights on every road).  The reporter posed a question to someone in MSP something like "Do you see similarities between this tragic collapse and the one on the 10?"  The guy looked back and said "What's a 10?"  That kinda sums up the idiocy of the media.

  I did notice that you modified the title of the thread!!!

  Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mike,

How true? The world is "star struck" anyway. I remember quite a few
years back that some actor was in town and the news media was hiding in
bushes trying to get the person on video. It was so funny.
Yes, the news media will jump on anything that has the potential for
ratings.
Everytime there is an earthquake somewhere, the news media in Portland
or Seattle has to tell people about our chances for that "BIG" quake. We
all know about it with the Pacific Plate off the coast, but I am not
laying awake at night to worry about it. Anything can happen anywhere.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager