Re: [IRCA] 1380 WWMI disney has eye block turned on - no night ops

On 9/17/07, Bob Foxworth <rfoxwor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This prompted me to check just now (1315 local time) and
> the 1380 Disney in St Pete is running iBOC, a fact I did not
> know, so, no idea when it was turned on. I'll have to check
> after dark to see what their night time situation is. None of the
> other Tampa HD's have it on at night, as of last night.

And, he writes yet again...

Two checks this evening after dark show that the 1380 is not
using IBOC at night, as of tonight anyway. So thats 0 for 5 now,
in the TPA market.

Someone mentioned the "staggered rollout" by CCU (which
would not necessarily apply to Disney, or Mega) but it was not
clear if this meant stations first turning on HD, or if it meant
those beginning night ops, who had already turned it on for
day use. I took it to be the former, but who knows?

In any event, it is interesting that there appears to be such
a reluctance of so many stations to not run it (nights) at this
time. Do groups of operators in a given market agree among
themselves to not run it?

There's gotta be a story here that we aren't hearing about.

- Bob,   TPAh,  Flah,  still having 90+ afternoon temps and daily
lightning storms. Hope our 120+days/year of lightning, making
us the lightning capital of North America, will end soon. Bah.