Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Daytime Band Scan

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Daytime Band Scan

Hello Bruce,

     Thanks for your response to my daytime band  scan-  it is much
appreciated!

     As I mentioned to Pete Taylor about KLDY-1280,  even though they are
quite close to me, for some reason I can't hear them at  all, only KIT in Yakima.
 The reason seems to be my valley location, with  South Hill blocking signals
from that direction (also blocking Fort Lewis-1500,  close to Lacey).  If you
have ever visited the Puyallup Fair, you may  recall that a large hill is
between the Puyallup Valley and the SW direction,  and my own location is not far
from the fair.  The eastern direction,  however, is wide open, so Yakima and
the Tri-cities come in very well.

     When I get out of this valley using a car radio,  many signals come up
in strength, especially the ones from north and  south.  Unfortunately, many of
us buy a house before we check out its  medium-wave DX potential, hi.  Thanks
again, Bruce, and good luck on  your Grayland DXpeditions this season.

                             73-  Gary