Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Daytime Band Scan

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Daytime Band Scan

Hello Patrick,

     Thanks again for your great daytime band scan,  which along with Dennis
Vroom's band scan, motivated me to post my own.  My  shack equipment is
basically the same, but minus the salt water environment, the  result was much less
exciting, hi.

     The KLDY-1280 mystery is something that I wasn't  aware of until tonight
(if you have read Pete and Bruce's responses), but we  both know how much I
have tried to get Fort Lewis-1500, which is in the same  area.  Never a trace
of either one of them here yet (but KIT-1280 is easy  to get).  When I was
doing the band scan, I was at first puzzled that you  received CKMO-900 at S9, but
no trace of KKRT (I have no trace of CKMO).   Then I started noticing a
pattern that central Washington stations were  coming in here quite well, compared
to Astoria (although your signals from BC  were stronger than mine, in
general).  When Pete and Bruce mentioned that  they generally didn't receive the
central Washington stations like I did,  it became pretty clear that the Puyallup
Valley location was doing strange  things to radio signals, dropping out the
SW direction especially (Lacey and  Fort Lewis).  Anyway, the investigation
only proves that radio is  fascinating, and the more you learn, the more
interesting it gets.

                73,   Gary