Re: [IRCA] Old, but common radios

--- Craig Healy <bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One thing I have been toying with is to try DXing
> with a radio like I used
> as a kid.  Two come to mind.  One was an
> All-American 5 GE clock radio.
> Tube rig circa 1955.  The other is a radio from a
> 1953 Studebaker using a
> random long wire.

The radio in out 1955 Studebaker was a Motorola. The
radio that was in my 1956 Studebaker was Delco. The
1955 Motorola was a better radio. The Motorola in my
grandmother's 1946 Studebaker Commander was the best
I've seen. Even push pull 7C5's. There's often some
good Studebakers on Ebay Motors. Just make sure they
have the original radio in them and working.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net