[IRCA] US agencies and callsigns.

At 12:07 AM 7/29/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>All "federal government" stations are assigned call signs or "ID's" --
>that are required to be used.

NO IBB stations are assigned calls. On the other hand, I know that other
agencies, even the CIA, use callsigns.

I'm trying to "nosh" this out. I believe that FCC, through NTIA, assigns
"blocks" of callsigns, and the
agencies assign their own callsign from each block. However, FCC has
authority over state agencies.

As for as I know, FCC doesn't have direct authority over other US agencies;
but they still must be coordinated.

I hear no military stations using callsigns.

  Charles A Taylor, WD4INP

  Greenville, North Carolina