Re: [IRCA] FCC Goes After California TIS

Re: [IRCA] FCC Goes After California TIS

--- Mike McKenna <way2twohot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I few stations have been
> moved -- after not meeting a needed coverage area.  Most TIS stations
> have a very low priority  as well as funding -- and once placed in
> the field --- they remain there until the General Services Div -
> radio service desides if they should remain or be moved elsewhere.
> In all fairness -- it's not that easy -- to just Pick Up and Move --
> a low powered TIS -- from one place to another --- along side of some
> "metro area" freeways.
>  Stations need to be constructed -- with concrete and stone, not some
> Mini suitcase metal box and a pole.   Otherwise -- most highway TIS
> stations would be stolen -- as fast as thry could be constructed.
> The funny thing to this --

** I don't know which states you may be familiar with, but in
NY/NJ/PA/DE there are mobile installations on small trailers which
serve the mobile need, and in the FCC grants they're so designated.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id