Re: [IRCA] I-5 TIS/HAR LISTENING

Gary,

Thanks. I give a lot of credit to my almost zero noise level and the
ground system I use. I have the backyard loaded with ground rods &
copper pipe. For a number of years I fiqured if a couple ground rods
were good, lets put in 10 or 15. Plus the EWE antennas work very well.
   I remember when I heard Ft. Lewis. It just popped up out of nowhere
and disappeared just as fast. I had irt for only a minute or so. I
turned on the cassette deck and I recorded what I heard. It was fairly
clear at times. I never caught the complete  message, just sentences
here and there. But of course the NW does not have any stations on 1500
and that helkps a lot.  I have not heard it since though. It was like
being at the right place at the right time sort of thing I guess.  The
skip  got a hold of it just right and made in down here. I called Ft.
Lewis and got the name & office on where to send the report. That took
more work, running down the right office. Fort Lewis is bigger than I
thought!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin