Re: [IRCA] UNID HAR 530

Patrick Martin wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Thanks for the tip, but Rainier would be ODOT, not WSDOT, and the calls
> I heard were WQBV586. But thanks for the heads up. I am going Hy 30 next
> week and I will try for Rainier while driving over that way to see if it
> is on.

    It isn't uncommon for boarder-area TIS/HAR stations to transmit
their information from inside the neighboring state - Missouri and
Illinois have one such arrangement as I recall. First time I heard such,
heading from MO to IL, I was still quite a way from the Illinois boarder
and thought that the station either had one heckuva ground pattern or
was using more power than authorized. This may be the situation.

    Mike