Re: [IRCA] CBGY-750

> > Noted CBGY popping up with CBC news jingle at 11:00pm EDT.  Seems to be
the
> > only CBC outlet on 750.  No ID heard, but..  Immediately lost to WSB and
> > Cuban wobbler.
>
> Nice catch, Craig.   I have noted a "sort of" ID on this one at around 4-6
> minutes after the top-of-hour, following regional news.  It sounds
something
> like this: "This CBC Radio One for Newfoundland and Labrador."  That's
about
> as good as it gets.

Last year or so I was sitting on the in my truck dock at Martha's Vineyard
waiting for the ferry.  Heard both the 540 and 750 Newfies.  Since the dock
is on the north side of the island, I wasn't really surprised.  I was a bit
surprised to hear it at the top of the hour here, rather than the :30 point.
I thought Newfoundland was 1.5 hours ahead of us.

And, I heard no voice, just the distinctive CBC news jingle.  Hardly verie
material.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI