Re: [IRCA] SP 600 /R390

Bob,

Yes, I would like to loosen up those crystal filters in the SPR4 with a
phasing control. The 2.4 is just a bit too tight in many cases. It will
separate the signals very nicely. Easier in some cases than the L/C
filters in the R8, but the audio is too muffled at times, especially if
the signal I am trying to hear it weak.  I wish the SPR4 had ECSS too,
but in 1971, ECSS was a dream. Sure I can tune in sideband, but it is
not the same thing with the audio level being weak and being stuck with
the audible tone too. ECSS on the R8 is much nicer. I would like to
fiqure out a way to add phasing in the SPR4 if I could. Tuning in AM
with the SPR4 does work well though.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin