Re: [IRCA] SP 600 /R390

At 01:18 PM 5/6/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes I love crystal filters, 388's have them but the noise limiter is not as
>good as on a 390 or 390A, the best of both worlds would be a phasing control
>on a 390A as the narrow positions are crystals (I think), the mechanical
>filter's narrowest postion is 2KHz, the 1 and 0.1 are crystals. It does very
>well with hets though except when the stations are 1 KHz apart like when
>WWKB 1520 (which booms in around here) and 1521 Saudi Arabia (which also
>booms in around here) are both in. I really miss phasing in that situation,
>and love the 600 and the 388. Actually the HRO's are pretty good with splits
>also and have great crystal filters,
>
>Bob Young
>Millbury, MA

Bob,

You've got to practice with the 2-KC mechanical filter of your R-390A.

In the case of splitting BSKSA-1521 off from 1520, you dial your R-390A
upwards until 1520 "falls off the edge" of the 2-KC mechanical filter
slope. The het is gone and you got BSKSA-1521 as good as it's going to
get on the R-390A. Of course you still have WWKB's sidebands to live
with, but that's going to be true with any receiver.

73 de Charles
min Grifton, an-Nort Karolina, ar-Rednekiya
(L'il AA there fer you other Rednecks!)

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina