Re: [IRCA] QRSS: A idea for future DX Tests.....

Les Rayburn wrote:

> And I'm not aware of any other technique that might make it possible
> for DX'ers in California to log Vermont or Rhode Island.

With the technique I am proposing, lets add "conclusively logging".
Monitor the test with Spectrum Lab, click the Capture Now button when
you have a good waterfall displaying the morse signals and send the
resulting JPG as conclusive proof you did indeed hear the test.

I am even thinking this is doable with a DX-398 at your bedside, as long
as you had an audio patch cable long enough the reach the sound card of
your PC =)

Another possible positive that I see with this is that morse as slow as
I am proposing would not even be immediately recognized as such by the
stations normal listeners. It would just sound like a minute of 1 kHz
het interference rather than instantly recognizable morse code "stuff".

73,
Brandon Jordan
Memphis, TN
www.bcdx.org