Re: [IRCA] R8B help

At 20:42 16/03/2007, you wrote:

>If you could come up with something on the R8B to help hearing 9 kc
>splits, it would be much appreciated here.

On my old R8, Dennis, I simply have 9kHz channels in memory, using
LSB or USB and offset 400 Hertz.  1.8 kHz selectivity digs out the
hets as one steps through the channels, and if one looks strong,
return to VFO, and tune to "on frequency"....but then the R8 shows a
het when using CW (but about 1.5 kHz below the carrier frequency when
using the 500Hz IF filter)

best wishes,

Nick