[IRCA] R8B help & 1557 audio

Charlie,

Thanks for listening to the audio clip.  I could not make much out of it.  You would have to be familiar with the announcer and programming. Walt & Nick were able to recognize the announcer and programming.

If you could come up with something on the R8B to help hearing 9 kc splits, it would be much appreciated here.  Right now I use the JRC to find the carriers and the R8B to listen for audio while switching back and forth between the two receivers.

When did the VOA shut-down their transmitter in Okinawa?  Just found my VOA QSL card for October 17, 1969 on 1178 kcs.  Wonder what they did with the 1,000 kw transmitter?

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA