Re: [IRCA] TA WCNA

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Stonebridge <stonbrdg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, February 12, 2007 11:35 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TA  WCNA

> Dozens of MW TA carriers in here this evening Nick, with 11
> producing audio.
> Unfortunately most were very weak, and domestics were very strong,
> so IDing
> them was a challenge. 1215-UK was easy, and the best signal of
> all, plus the
> Virgin Radio IDs kinda helped

I had the same experience here, Mike.  1215 in Victoria is THE TA to hear, but up here they were OK, but I had better and more consistent reception from Deutschlandfunk.  Darn, I'm at an internet cafe, so don't have my notes....it's on 13xx kHz as I recall.  300 kw from Neumunster if that helps with the frequency.  I had lots of audio, but as is often the case, reception would come and go over seconds to minutes.  DLF was pretty consistent, though.  ........Walt Salmaniw, Masset, Haida Gwaii