Re: [IRCA] Computer Model of Bog

> " Next project is to turn a truck wiper motor and worm gearbox into
> a BOG roller-upper machine.  Gettin' lazy in my old age."
>
> For rapid retrieval, I chucked a spool (after duct taping a dowel
> to the spool)  into my Porter-Cable 19 VDC portable electric drill
> and wound up the half-pound of wire effortlessly.

That could work, but I'm looking for something that I can run right off the
truck electrical system.  I'm now adding a separate Optima yellow top deep
cycle battery with a relay and resistor to recharge it when the engine runs.
So, 12v is what I need.  And, I have a wiper motor out of some 70's Ford car
or truck in my junkbox.

What I want to do is make a quick-disconnect to fit the large orange hand
reels that Home Depot carries.  I use those now, but hand crank them.  A
900' roll of #14 THHN is kinda a pain to reroll, so..

The Optima also will power the new Airtronic D2 heater I am installing in
the truck.  I can let that heater run 24/7 in the winter, powered by the
Optima and a five gallon tank of diesel.  Should keep the truck interior at
68° all winter so I can be comfortable.  No more windshield scraping,
either.  A five gallon tank ought to last nearly a week.  Should be
installed in a few days.  It will be a bunch better than the Coleman
catalytic heater I used last year.

With the radio gear, a cooler, the comfortable tilt-back seats, and now a
heater, it's gonna be a comfortable place to DX.  No room for the hot tub,
tho... (grin)

Hey Kaz!  Check the Eberspächer Airtronic D2 for your field work...  I got
mine off eBay.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI