Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1610 mystery station

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1610 mystery station

104 degrees from Barrington IL..ie right at Baltimore from here.

Jim, I hope your map is taking into account great circle path.

I still think this thing is near the Baltimore, DC area and also think that
if it's on this weekend, maybe a couple of area DXers could drive around and
take some DF with a portable and maybe pin it down. If you are near this and
you drive 40 miles or so, the bearing will change greatly.

For those newer DXers who aren't sure how to DF, null the station ! Every
basic portable has a loopstick inside and the nulls are off the ends of the
radio. I can null it into the noise here so I just average the bearings of
the narrow null from when I can start hearing it again (for maybe 10 degrees
it is nulled). Off course I did this several times to be sure and used 2
different portables and also walked outside away from my house in case any
wiring was skewing the DF (It isn't)

73 KAZ