Re: [IRCA] [dxhub] 1610

Probably.  But, hey, you never know when conditions are good how far
you're going to get out.  And with a constant tone, it's much more
identifiable than with programming.

But, the more I watch this thing, the more I'm thinking - much like the
rest of you - that it is not domestic (US/Canada).  The thing that I
find really confusing about the tone station is its consistent signal
both day and night on a wide geographic level.  If it is not domestic
(i.e. Latin America, Cuba, S. America) it must have one heck of a power
level to be heard here during the day.  On the other hand, if it is high
power, why is it not stronger at night?  This is a true puzzler.

By the way, I caught it again on my way home tonight about 1715 Eastern
mixing with a Spanish language station.  The two were fighting it out
for dominance on the channel -- neither was really winning.

73,
Rene'

Rene F. Tetro
Lansdale, PA, USA
W2FIL, WPXG816, WPXU288
Coordinates:  40D12'41"N  75D18'22"W
Grid:  FN20IF
Email:  rtetro@xxxxxxxxx
Moderator:  www.radioveronica.us and www.dxhub.com

>Rene:

>Wouldn't that be a tad overkill for a TIS station, seeing it's being
heard
>coast to coast and up here in Northern Canada? I thought the idea
behind >TIS stations was for local information.