Re: [IRCA] TP 14 Nov and Malaysia strong!

At 07:06 AM 11/14/2006, you wrote:

>Up to 1500UT this morning, conditions were down considerably on
>yesterday.  Only the NHK big guns with any audio, and many regular
>carriers were weaker or even not there.
>
>Nick
Nick, I agree completely, but after 15:00 things really picked up.  1475 Borneo is by far the strongest I've heard them so far this season with EZL music and talk by a female DJ.  A number of other channels came up on audio after 15:00 as well.  I'm stuck on 1475 listening for any hint of an ID, though!  They're playing the Lion King theme song now at 15:28.  PAL says a sign-off at 15:30, so let's see if that happens.  It's 15:31 now and there's talk in I suppose presumed Tagalog, now more music.  As I look out of the window, the sun is striking the trees in the backyard and there's a lovely rainbow across the sky.  How beautiful!  More talk at 15:32, and then a brief vocal anthem , I bet at 15:33.  All done by 15:33:30.  Very nice reception indeed!  ........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria
PS:  The interesting thing about 1475 here is that it's always audible on any direction on the K9AY.  This contrasts sharply to most others that are highly directional.