[IRCA] MFJ - 1026 Phaser observations...

[IRCA] MFJ - 1026 Phaser observations...

Keeping in mind that I have NEVER used a phaser or
phaser type product before:

Eric Floden of Vancouver gave me his MFJ-1026
to MOD for him;
-removed unwanted filters(inductors) inproving low-end performance and
-change 680pf Caps to .01uf Caps

So far:

I am plugging in two ALA100's to it
and so far not really impressed.
Sure, I get nulls... but it nulls out everything..
Maybe I need to use a WHIP and one ALA100
having 2 ALA100's attached to it seems to just
give a "complete" null of all the signals on
the frequency. I can null with the Phase knob OR the antenna
GAIN knobs..

Does anyone have any tips as to ALA100 loop placements?
Should the 2 loops please placed close to each other? at right angles?
Would I be better off with different antennas?

--
Colin Newell
Editor-Creator www.coffeecrew.com | www.dxer.ca