[IRCA] Try Sleep Deprivation: TPs for 10/29

[IRCA] Try Sleep Deprivation: TPs for 10/29

I've become more and more curious about the excellent TP reception
that I've been experiencing when I'm up 90 minutes or more before
dawn.... more than 30 minutes before First Light.  I don't think that
I completely understand Nick's explanation of this propagation that
he uploaded yesterday, but I decided to try REALLY early this AM. My
first sweep was three hours before LSR at 1154 UTC turn-on. The lower
half of the dial was FULL! From the bottom of the dial until 1161, I
had substantial carriers or audio on every single split except 549
and 1125!!!! Of those same channels, 41were in audio, with the vast
majority being in listenable audio. By and large, Japan was strongly
favored, with the 702 NHK-2 synchros in (rarely heard here) along
with 729 JOCK, also not a normal visitor. JOUK on 612 was there, and
there were some nice Chinese around, too, including 621 Heilongjiang
and several of the low band CNR1s.

When first light and then max dawn arrived, those channels below 1130
were ALL down quite a bit, except JOKR on 954 which always seems to
peak late.  Of the few remaining real audios, the Chinese seemed to
suffer the least damage. In fact, 774 Japan had dropped so low that
China was dominating part of the time there. I wonder if this
hyper-early opening is a high-latitude thing, only????  I wonder if
Nigel P. has ever tried this late in the season at 2 or three hours
before LSR??? How 'bout Bill B. in Prescott?? Surely some other old
duffer out there needs Flomax??????

Gee, for those of us with, ahem, reason to get up early, it sure was
a swell morning!

John B.