[IRCA] DX Alert - KYOL / 1510

I just got an e-mail from my part-time boss, the Director of Engineering
for NRC Broadcasting. He tells me that KYOL switched to ND operation at
3 PM MT today utilizing 1 tower of the existing 4 tower array south of
Littleton. He didn't verify power levels but the STA allows for up to
2,380 watts day and 4,750 watts night which is 25% of licensed power.
Even at the reduced power levels ND operation will actually result in a
significant increase in power to the east and west. The directional
array normally severely limits power in those directions to provide
protection for the legacy stations in WA and TN as well as others. The
programming is satellite oldies from Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel
except when there is a UNC Bears football game which are carried live. I
just checked and there is a Bears game going right now. This STA will be
in effect for several weeks while the transmitter site is moved 23 miles
north to the east side of Thornton. The move will also include a power
increase from 9,500/19,000 to 10,000/25,000 and some changes in the
antenna pattern. The new site will consist of four 165 foot towers in a
straight line running west to east which is very similar to the old DA.
FYI yours truly will be the board operator at KYOL overnight tonight
starting at 11 PM MT.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/