Re: [IRCA] JAPAN...JAPAN...JAPAN!!!

At 07:33 AM 9/26/2006, you wrote:

>Good morning,
>
>After I have rested up a bit, I got up this morning around 1330 and
>found quite an active dial of Japanese. A few Koreans, Russians,
>Chinese, and even a couple DUs and a filipino, but it was a Japanese
>morning here. Name the frequency and there was JJ talk, 531, 540, 549,
>558,567, and so on. JOCB 909 was atop Malaysia with great signal with
>News in EE after 1400. 936 Anhui was doing well there with usual EE
>programming after 1400. I need to send a follow up out to them. I would
>like to get a direct QSL if I could, as I only have one from Beijing for
>that one from the 80s.
>I need to try an ID the UNID on 1161, but I think it was one of the
>Malay minority languages. Unneeded, but nice to hear. I 4QN 630 was
>dominant for a time as well as 2PM 531. Bits of 4QR under Japan. Yes, I
>did hear 50 KWer JOWF 1440. I popped out of the splits in the memory and
>there is was on top with JJ pops, later buried under KMED Medford OR. I
>do miss some stuff staying in the memories. Probably JOWF has been there
>all along.I just hadn't tried in sometime.
>But lots of activity on the dial this morning. As I am typing this at
>1430, JJ is still alive and well on the dial, but dropping in signal
>now.

We all seem to agree on that, Patrick.  Yep, I quite enjoyed the morning, monitoring between 13:08 and 14:30 UTC.  What was amazing for the morning compared to others this season is how long the opening continued.
I was still hearing NHK2 on 774 at 14:30, although this season 828 provides the best signal. Very nice English news from them at 14:08 this morning.  Up to now they've mostly faded out by the TOH.  Also a great dawn
enhancement at 14:00 brought a bunch more Japanese stations instead of the Australians which has been the case even yesterday.  A total of 27 audios plus 279 Russia:

540 NHK1,  567 JOIK very strong, 576 2RN nice signal very briefly around 13:50, 594 JOAK of course and still strong at 14:15, 612 presumed 4QR but weak today, 657 unid at 13:15, 675 presumed Vietnam, 719.94 weak audio at 13:57  I'm wondering about N. Korea, 738, 747 JOIB, 774 JOUB, 828 JOBB  very nice signal, 837, 855 presumed N.Korea, 873, 936 weak oriental talk at 13:22, 1044, 1053, 1134, 1143, 1197 pres JOWL, 1242 JOLR with a strong dawn enhancement after 14:00, 1287 JOHR presumed with same late enhancement, 1386 NHK2 at 13:34, 1503 NHK1 after 14:00, 1566 HLAZ  fantastic signal with ID at 13:44 before switching beams and descending into the mud.  Strongest heard this season.  1575 VOA Thailand also strong at 13:37.

All in all, not a bad morning!........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC

--

ä nyt ei kai kukaan oikeasti ole nostamassa esiin enää? Silloin miekin romahan.

AHE

Alpo Heinonen

Tutkijantie 12 A1

FI-96900 SAARENKYLÄ