Re: [IRCA] TP Log

Pat and the rest

Chuck Hutton and I were out at Grayland this weekend (Fri & Sat nights). Over the next few days we'll put together a large combined log but here are some of the highlights. In general, Asian conditions both mornings were very good to Japan and Korea, with tantalizing bits of Filippino and Chinese audio too. Russians weren't all that great. Our northwest Beverage was working really well, with audio on almost every TP channel. We managed to get decent nulls off the back of the wire, especially on some notorious pests, i.e. KNOM Nome atop KKOH at times, China & one other TP sometimes mixing with KGO, two JO's and a Filippino mixing with KFBK around sunrise today, presumed KICY briefly dominating 850 (Russian program), CFWH Whitehorse dominating 570 around 10 pm (complete with local ID). TPs dominating some domestic channels like 1260 1350 1170 1440. Filippinos on 1062 1458 1161 1071 and probably a couple of others. Down unders were only so-so, with most of the island stations making cameo appearances along with a handful of Aussie/NZ stations on the southwest wire. It was interesting to compare what we heard with what you listed, I heard several of the ones you got, though I was never on 612 at the right time.

Bruce

Patrick Martin wrote:

Greetings:

I had a pretty decent TP morning with a bunch of filipinos heard
including one new one, DYHP-612 khz-Cebu City. Armchair copy just before
1400 UTC. I have had a tentative on this one back in the mid 90s, but I
could never ID it. The old "regular" DZEC-1062 was there as usual and a
others I did not ID.

531     PHILIPPINES, Tagalog talk at 1410 UTC 9/18 o/u 1XP1 in Samoan. I
think a bit of JJ in there too. (PM-OR)
540     JAPAN, NHK 1 synchros in passing at 1405 9/18 (PM-OR)
549     JAPAN/PHILIPPINES a mix here, but too much 550 splash and JJ QRM
to ID the filipino at 1455 9/18. (PM-OR)
558     JAPAN/PHILIPPINES, Kobe/Metro Manila JOCR/DZXL, a mix here with
JOCR with US and JJ pops and DZXL with promo in EE mentioning "Quezon
City" at 1412 9/18. DZXL used to be fairly common in the Fall. (PM-OR)
567     JAPAN, Sapporo JOIK, good with JJ talk at 1420 9/18 (PM-OR)
576     AUSTRALIA, Sydney 2RN, good with talks in passing at 1340 9/18.
The strongest Aussie of the morning. Not many others in. Mostly a TP
morning. (PM-OR)
585     JAPAN, Kushiro (presumed) with NHK1 sychros JJ talk at 1351 9/18
(PM-OR)
594     JAPAN/ PHILIPPINES JOAK/DZBB? very strong with NHK 1 JJ talk
with Tagalog talk way behind at 1412 9/18. DZBB has been logged in the
past. (PM-OR)
612     PHILIPPINES, Cubu City DYHP, very good with bi-lingual
commercials, mentioning several Malls, computer companies, very good.
Mention of "RMN" (Radio Mindanao Network) and a full ID at 1400 "Radio
Mindanao Network........D-Y-H-P.....Six twelve kilohertz.....Cebu City"
Into Tagalog talk, soon lost under 4QR with news. This from 1358-1401
9/18. I'll try for a QSL as RMN stations are generally good QSLers. New
(PM-OR)
621     PHILIPPINES, unid Tagalog talk weak at 1403 9/18 (PM-OR)
639     PHILIPPINES, Tagalog talk buried in mess at 1406 9/18 (PM-OR)
738    TAIWAN, Baisha, BEL2, Taiwan Fishery Station very good with woman
in Cantonese or Taiwanese //1143 with talk at 1353 9/18 (PM-OR)
954    PHILIPPINES/JAPAN, mix here in KJR splash at 1415 9/18.
Philippine pop music in slop and strong JOKR JJ pop music, so hard to
make out.  Maybe Metro Manila's DZEM at DZEC was quite good on 1062.
(PM-OR)
1008     JAPAN, Osaka, JONR, very good with JJ music and female ancr
mentioning "ABC" (Asahi BC) at 1421 9/18. (PM-OR)
1053    JAPAN, Nagoya JOAR good with JJ talk above KK Jammer at 1414
9/18 (PM-OR)
1062     PHILIPPINES, Pasig, Metro Manila DZEC, very good and totally
dominant with man in usual Tagalog, mentions of "Metro Manila" and
"DZEC".  At 1345 9/18. This station is easy to ID as they mention the
calls often in talk. This is the Eagle BC station in MM. For 40 KW, they
do get out well. I would think this might be possible inland.
1071     PHILIPPINES, two weak filipinos here, but too weak to make out
much except for the Tagalog language, soon lost at 1412 9/18 (PM-OR)
1107    JAPAN, one or more of the commercial JJs, but did not stick
around for an ID. Woman and man in JJ and some pop music at 1419 9/18
(PM-OR)
1134     JAPAN, Tokyo JOQR very good in passing several times noted
between 1335-1420 UTC 9/18. (PM-OR)
1179     JAPAN, Osaka JOOR good with man in JJ at 1406 9/18 (PM-OR)
1242     JAPAN, Tokyo JOLF very good with man in JJ at 1422 9/18 (PM-OR)

Drake R8
EWE Antenna

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR