[IRCA] FANTASTIC MORNING or have I moved to Asia?

[IRCA] FANTASTIC MORNING or have I moved to Asia?

Greetings all,

Well, the dial this morning reminded me of DX 20 years ago hearing so
many Northern Asians. It was something else. The highlight of the
morning was definite logs on both Mongolians on 164 and 209 khz. Both
were // and I stayed with them from 1300-1332 UTC. I have had theshold
reception of one or the other at times, but never well enough to ID the
station. I got all sorts of Mongolian music (really nice) and lots of
Mongolian chatter by a male announcer. For some reason this one eluded
me for years. I have had tentatives on 990 and years ago. So I am
pleased with this.
   Besides Mongolia, I had Russians on 153, 171, 189, 261, and 279 khz.
279 was over S9+. Unbelieveable signals. I haven't heard them on 171 or
261 khz in many years.
   After 1332 UTC, I moved up to MW and found the band totally jumping.
Where do I start? , I thought. 3 and 4 Asians on each channel. I
thought, have I physically moved 4 thousand miles? Lots of Northern
Asians, but little from the Philippines and South Asia. Koreans all over
the dial. MBC on 1107 was incrediable. It has been years since I heard
them that strong. I even had some unid Asian language on 630. It did not
really sound like CC, so I am unsure of that one around 1338. China on
981 was also very strong. I did hear DZEC 1062, but not as well as some
mornings. Thailand 891 was also there but buried u/JOHK. If you wanted
JJ or KK stations, this morning was the time to hear them. I should have
checked for AFKN stations. You know, you always forget something. FEN
648 dominated the frequency for a time. 1107 was interesting as the MBC
station dominated, then they would fade down leaving JOMR or JOCF.
Stations like JOKR-954, JONR-1008, JOQR-1134, JOLF-1242, and JOHR-1287
were all great. Even JOUF-1314, JOSF-1332, JOIF-1413, and JORF-1422 were
are heard.  DU's? Only a couple I noted one on 1503, probably 2BS, 4RN
792, and 2PM 531. Other than that it was Asia all the way! Simply an
amazing morning. The highlight for me was the two Mongolians. That made
my day!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.