Re: [IRCA] TA season

George,

You are right with that. The mountains do make a big difference. Back in
the 60s/70s when the dial was pretty clear on MM, I remember Bill Block,
then living in Portland, used to hear more Eastern stuff than I did and
he was using a loop. I had a 600 foot longwire. Between here and the
Midwest, there is the Coast Range, between me and Portland, then, the
Cascades East of Portland, onto the Rocky Mountains. So alot of
mountains to get a signal through. If it was flat between here and the
Midwest, the 1500' beverage would probably overload the receiver. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.