Re: [IRCA] TA season

Pat:

I bet you are right.  I was able to hear DU/TP's in Utah as the west
was wide open and the mountains were to the East. At one point I also
heard every station in California and Nevada, but hearing every
station in Colorado was problematic.  I could hear Colorado better
once I got up into the mountains with my beverages.  Your experience
with Bill Block lends credence to the hypothesis that the final (and
intitial?) path of the signal is the most important part because the
rest of the time, the signal is in the ionosphere and not blocked by
anything, except the overall conditions. The same effect is noted
when you compare signal strengths between the seashore and locations
further inland.

Bill Harms