Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] India 1566 conclusion

--- Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wracking my brain for some other explanation, however, how about
> being tuned to
> SW by mistake instead of MW? But AIR does not use 15660, for example,
> nor are
> any two SW frequencies going to produce an image on 1566. An image
> from SW
> somehow getting into an R-390?

*** Any received, if not well-aligned, could produce images. So could a
mis-matched antenna.

This also reminds me of what I'd thought at the time was my first TA --
which turned out to have been a spur, likely generated within my
receiver/antenna combination, which resulted in an SW image of Saar
showing up right on 1421! ( old band plan, in 1969 ).

I became quickly convinced ( for several reasons ) that this was about
as unlikely a first TA as there could be given the location, receiver
and antenna combination I had.

Stuff happens!

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )