Re: [IRCA] 1450 KBPS Portland OR

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM wrote:
> Hi All,
> I finally snagged this one.  I believe they were playing the song
> "Locomotion" (maybe not) but after the song ended, nice ID "KBPS -
> Portland" at 0359 PDT.  I didn't think I was ever going to catch this
> one.   Note: I think this station was mentioned with regard to KPSU
> within the last week or so, plus I also had questions a while back. KPSU
> is also in Portland on 1450 and runs a carrier current station, slogan:
> "Portland's City Wide College Radio".

This is not quite correct.

"KPSU" on 1450 *is* KBPS. Portland State University leases time on KBPS
5P-2A weekdays and noon-2A weekends to broadcast the programming from
its student station. "KPSU" is also heard over a low-power (unlicensed)
transmitter on 98.3 on the PSU campus, and via the webcast at kpsu.org,
24 hours a day.

KBPS 1450 is apparently operated by students at Benson Polytechnic High
School the rest of the time.