Re: [IRCA] WTBQ 1110 on late ?

Tom L Jones wrote:
> I never got an ID so I will try tonite agn.
> I know WUHN to be a serial offender, last logged on late
> with EZL.
> WUHN / WUPE web still shows  as WUHN with easy favorites
> but with recent call change not surprized.
> Oldies C-C only shows WTBQ on 1110
> I will put a good man on it tonite & solve the mystery.

WUHN changed calls to WUPE about a week ago and picked up the oldies
format that's been on WUPE-FM 95.9 Pittsfield and WMNB 100.1 North
Adams. In another week or so, 95.9 will drop the oldies and begin
simulcasting "Live 105" top-40 WBEC-FM (105.5 Pittsfield) - and sometime
in May, the 105.5 license will move about 40 miles east to Easthampton,
in the Springfield market, and become sports WVEI-FM, simulcasting WEEI
850 Boston.

The WBEC-FM calls and top 40 format will stay on 95.9, which will
presumably become "Live 95.9." I think 100.1 in North Adams will end up
as WUPE-FM, simulcasting oldies with WUPE 1110.

Shameless plug: this has all been covered in (probably excessive) detail
in my NorthEast Radio Watch column, fresh every Monday at www.fybush.com.

A quick way to see if I've covered something like this in the column is
to go to the Google search box in the corner of your screen (you ARE
using Firefox as your browser by now, right? There's very little excuse
to still be using IE) or directly to Google and type:

wupe site:fybush.com

This will bring up anything on that particular site having to do with
WUPE, and in this case brings up about a dozen articles that mention
this particular swap of calls and formats.